In this 14-part course we aim to teach you everything you need to know to get started with sampling, recording and manipulating found sounds for use in your productions.
This course has been designed to focus on the recording and manipulation processes from a beginners perspective, however we do touch on some advanced topics. This ensures that you will be able to follow along and benefit from this course irregardless of your current level of experience.
The course includes videos covering:
• introduction to found sound and why we should use it
• Types of microphone & their uses
• Basics of the Tascam field recorder
• Recording ambiences & atmospheres
• Recording household & resonant objects
• Sampling from vinyl records
• Found Sound Manipulation
• Kick Synthesis from found sound
• Bass synthesis from found sound
• Percussion Layering
• Creating & Implementing found sound instrument racks
After watching this course you’ll be capable of implementing a range of recording, synthesis & sampling techniques to capture & create unique sounds to use within your projects.
If you feel like your productions have gone a bit stale, lack a sense of depth, or just feel like they need spicing up a bit with some organic and unique sounds, then this course is for you!
Likewise, if you have recently purchased a field recorder from companies such as Tascam or Zoom and wish to learn more about how to use it then this course is also for you. There is no necessity to use a field recorder to take this course however we recommend using one as they are purpose built for the task of capturing found sound.